Monday, July 27, 2009

Q: "Do you want to go play on the beach?"

A: "Bus."

Who knew a kid could be so anti beach and water? Apparently Reagan prefers cars to Lake Michigan and buses to sand. We got him down to the beach eventually but it took some talking into and the promise of a truck to play with in the sand.

We had a great time on our vacation in Michigan with my parents, brother and extended family. It was a lot of packing, a little bit of a drive but tons of fun. We are all exhausted.

One of the highlights of the trip was heading to Mac Dune Buggy rides near Silver Lake. they have been there for over 80 years and I remember going on the ride when I was younger. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea for the kids because they are still pretty young but Grandpa talked me into it. I'm glad he did! This was most definitely the most fun Reagan has had in a long time! Every time we race down a sand dune Reagan would yell "Again!" to the driver! It was too fun! Unfortunately his sister only liked about the first half of the ride then she was done, Dad had to hold a squirming toddler for 15 minutes while we finished the ride, turned out she was hungry. Reagan's other favorite of the trip was visiting a store in Traverse City that sells model trains, I'm telling you, the kid could have spent the whole day there!

Claire had more fun playing on the sand, in the water and with her "cousins" (my cousins kids, they don't have any cousins yet). Claire really looks up to older kids, even if it's only six months older. Anything they did she wanted to do, including eating! It was a great way to get her to try some new things. She had her first bite of hot dogs, lettuce, tomatoes and more.

Caroline was great. She had no reason not to be considering her Grandpa held her about 1/2 of everyday! They really bonded and I think she misses him!

Daddy (Ryan) had fun golfing with Uncle Lance one day so he got a break as well.

I'm sad the vacation is over. I really love Northern Michigan. Indy is great but I miss being able to go to the beach when I feel like it. I think I might be a lake snob because the Indiana lakes just don't cut it for me.

Check out the pics from our vacation below...

No comments:

Post a Comment